Mission - aggregate farmers for markets (services, inputs, outputs, agronomic, technology, etc.)
What we do?
– our business model hinges on delivering the maximum value to farmers in maize, common and soya beans value chains, typically small holding farmers, in a transparent and convenient manner. e—granary procures directly from farmers, producer coops, and community-based organizations and manages the value chain from farm gate to a buyer’s doorstep. this allows farmers to focus on production while leveraging their collective strength to sell their produce.
– sustainable agriculture is the most effective tool to end poverty by facilitating the meeting of demand and supply of agricultural products and inputs, reducing the cost to serve and risk to enable service providers to gainfully invest/serve small holder farmers, e–granary is making it possible to increase productivity, which translates to increased incomes and transform livelihoods. Read more..
– one-third of the world's 7.3 billion people are smallholders farmers and their families who produce nearly 70 percent of all food consumed worldwide on 60 percent of the planet's arable land. e–granary is contributing to the agenda of feeding 9 billion people by 2050 through helping smallholder farmers access certified inputs affordable credit and a reliable market for better production and improved livelihoods. Read more..
– by engaging alternative collateral/secularization mechanism for example supply contacts and group guarantees for credit access, e–granary ids enabling women and youth access credit and financial services where it was impossible before since traditional securities are largely held by men. Read more..
– promote full and direct employment and decent work through access to the right input/output and services markets. by accessing certified inputs, financial services and market farmers are able to run their farming as a profitable enterprises, thereby getting a higher and more stable income and contributing to the economic growth. e–granary also works directly and indirectly with a network of fled officials and farmer groups based aggregators all soured from the local community. Read more..
– by leveraging mobile digital technologies e–granary is bridging the digital divide by enabling smallholder farmers to have a digital profile, receive payments digitally and keep an online record of production and harvest. Read more..